As fall and winter approach, it is a great time of year to think about whether your roof is ready for the snow, ice and cold temperatures of the Minnesota winter. If your roof is aging and you are considering repair or replacing it before the harsh winter is here, you may be wondering what the best options are for strong, durable long lasting roofing materials. United Roofing & Remodeling Inc. has more than two decades of experience performing all types of roofing repair and replacement for customers in the Twin Cities, MN and entire metro area.
Should You Opt For Metal Roofing?
Metal roofing is one popular option we are often asked about by customers who are looking to repair or replace their aging roof. We have included some pros and cons of metal roofing so you can determine whether this option you want to pursue for your home or business:
Benefits of Metal Roofing
- A metal roof can be installed anytime of year — even in winter.
- There are many color choices for metal roofs than for asphalt shingles.
- If a metal roof is correctly installed, it can outlast the home (meaning you will not have to replace it).
- A typical metal roof will last 3-7 times longer than an asphalt shingles roof.
- You will spend dramatically less over time on repairs with a metal roof.
- Metal roofs provide the best protection against the harsh elements of a Minnesota winter.
- Metal roofs will not catch on fire and are not susceptible to termite infestation.
- A metal roof is more energy efficient and can save you money on your power bill.
Potential Drawbacks of Metal Roofing
- The cost to install metal roofing is normally higher than installing other roofing systems,
- Those who install metal roofs must have specialized training and skill, which also may increase the cost of installation.
- If installed incorrectly, a metal roof is very likely to leak.
United Roofing & Remodeling Inc. Leads The Way
If you live in the Twin Cities area and are looking to replace or repair your roof in the coming months, give United Roofing & Remodeling a call at 1-612-617-1717 to schedule a free quote. We have a Better Business Bureau rating of A+ and are experts in finding the right roofing materials for your home or business that can withstand the harsh elements and not break the bank. Serving our customers is our number one goal, so you be confident when partnering us that you will get high quality workmanship and service.