Minneapolis Residential Metal Roofing MN
Metal roofing has increased in popularity significantly over the last several years. Today’s metal roofing systems are built to last. Steel metal roofing has a “metallic coating” made of either zinc or a combination of zinc and aluminum. This metallic coating prevents rust from forming and is bonded to the steel at the factory. Paint is then applied over the metallic coating to provide the long-lasting color homeowners desire. If you’re looking for installation of a new metal roof, it’s particularly important to choose an experienced and reputable metal roofing contractor because metal roof installation requires skills and tools that are different than the more common asphalt shingle roof.
Advantages of Metal Roof Installation
- Residential metal roofing – metal is durable, when installed properly, a metal roof will outlast most other materials in the home.
- Long term warranties – many manufacturers warranty their metal roofing for up to 50 years. That compares favorably to asphalt shingles, which may need to be replaced every 15 to 20 years. If you compare the average annual metal roof prices to shingles, metal is competitive over the long haul because you need to repair and replace it less often.
- Lower energy bills – metal reflects heat from the sun helping your roof and home stay cooler, using less energy
- Green roofing – metal roofs are a “cool roof option”
- Non-combustible and fire resistant – residential metal roofing has a Class A fire rating, which means it receives the designation of “most resistant” to fires.
- Lightweight roof material – metal can withstand extremely high winds and climate changes
- Will not rust or fade in color – steel roofing panels are protected by layers of metallic and polymer coatings. Industry studies have repeatedly shown them to outperform the corrosion resistance of other coated metals.
- No removal of old shingle roofing – installing the metal roof over existing asphalt, fiberglass or composition shingles (maximum of two layers thick). In most situations, a metal roof can be installed directly over the old roof.
Disadvantages of a Residential Metal Roof
- Metal roofing costs – the upfront cost of installing a new metal roof is significantly more expensive than other common roofing products and can run anywhere from $150 per square to $600 per square (a “square” is 100 square feet of roof).
Minnesota Metal Roofing Contractor
Since many Minneapolis roof repairs are a result of human error on the part of the original installer, it’s important to find a roof repair contractor in Minneapolis with experience and expertise in the materials of your particular roof system. Every material is unique and some require specialized knowledge. Metal roof repair requires a different set of knowledge than shingle repair, tile roof repair, or flat roof repair.
Our goal is to make it simple to receive estimates from the most affordable and reliable metal roofing specialists. The best way to get accurate pricing for a metal roof repair, roof replacement, or new metal roof installation, is to find an experienced residential metal roofing contractor in your hometown.